Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The top of our neighborhood

We went on a sabbath afternoon hike this sabbath, and let's be honest; I almost didn't make it.
Yani, Polly, Melissa, Tanzi and I all hopped out of Derek's car at the bottom of the hill hear an Adventist church and we hiked all the way up to the rocks at the top. It was only a 45 minute hike (with me, it took us a bit longer), but it was still a major accomplishment for me to make it all the way up to the top! I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking with it. I'm also incredibly grateful for Polly and Yani. Both of them, despite being super fit themselves, slowed their paces and stayed with me for the majority of the climb.

The view was absolutely spectacular! It was wonderful hiking because you could always turn around and see for miles. I unfortunately lost ALL of my photos from the afternoon (a very sad tale, I know) but Tanzi and Melissa were able to capture some great ones. (these photos are from Tanzi's camera)

The top of my neighborhood

I made it!

Derek's wonderful car

Me looking at my wonderful photos that didn't make it.... Actually, they probably weren't that wonderful, but they would still have been nice to have

It was a wonderful sabbath afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment