Tuesday, September 4, 2012

new adventures

It seems like every time I turn around, the SMs are headed out for an incredible adventure! Team A's first weekend off started out with a sabbath afternoon hike, and then on sunday the Raymond's took us out to the Elephant Orphanage and Kitengela Glass Factory.

The elephant orphanage was definitely the highlight of my weekend. Even gourmet pizza and froyo couldn't top their adorable faces! I actually got to touch a three week old elephant. He had sunscreen on his ears, and the keepers followed him around with an umbrella to protect him from the sun. He was adorable, but really shy.

Town day was also and adventure! Since three of the four SMs on A team (my weekend team) had already been cleared to drive, so I was very doubtful that I (the fourth memeber) would ever be called upon to drive the van. Today, I was wrong. Jacqui decided that she didn't want to drive back to Maxwell, so I was volunteered. We were only at Tuskys, which is as close to Maxwell as you can get, so I didn't have to drive too long. It was different being on the right side of the vehicle, but it almost seemed normal being on the left side of the road. I think that's because I've been spending so much time in countries that drive on the left in the past few months.

The 22 elephants take these bottles 8 times a day


We were all really excited to be able to touch the elephants!

Best of friends



The glass factory had a lot of crazy stuff!

Beautiful hand-blown glass


No comments:

Post a Comment