Monday, September 17, 2012

Ngong Hills - Take 2!

This weekend was my weekend off, but it didn't feel like it at first. I actually wen to a teen sabbath school for the first time (instead of the little kindergarden class I teach) and I played with the "band" for church. It was really nice to be able to play for church, even if the group isn't that good. In the afternoon I joined the school on a hike up the Ngong hills. It was my second time going and again, I almost didn't make it.. (These are the same hills that I almost didn't make it up two weeks ago)

The view, as always, is spectacular!
With all the students who signed up, and without Derek's car, we started out much further down the hill than I did last time. I'm so thankful that Jacqui was there to push me on and walk with me! When we were almost at the top, she ran ahead, but she was there waiting for me and cheering me on once I caught up to her. I only made it to the rocks (the "top") just around the time that everyone started heading back down, but I didn't mind. It was a fantastic sabbath afternoon! I got to replace many of the pictures I lost the last time, was able to make it to the top, and I got a pretty awesome trapezoidal sunburn on my chest.





Jacqui was waiting for me at the top, cheering me on

I actually made it!



Most of my posts recently have been about weekends or days off. I'm going to try to fix that shortly... Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment