Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Boys

Girls seem to be better at school than boys. Hands down. This seems to be especially true at Maxwell, and even more so in my freshman class. Not only are there more girls than boys, but the girls are consistently holding the top spots in my class in both grades, and participation. If anyone is going to set the curve on a test, I would expect it to be one of my girls. Thankfully, my initial impressions never seem to be right.

Both Arsene and RJ were in the library when I was grading and recording their biology tests (it was boys night). When the boys figured out what I was doing, everyone wanted to know how they had done. It was an absolutely priceless moment (honestly, one of my favorite moments of teaching so far) when I told both boys that they had scored the highest in their class, and had therefore set the curve. Huge smiles and happy dances were had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment