Monday, April 30, 2012

New Friends and Goodbyes

I officially don't like graduation. I'm tired of classes coming to an end, and I'm not ready for school to be over. Why does it seem like it's only at the end of the year when I make the best friends? Why can't this community student get it together, get over her antisocial tendencies and make friends before April?!?

Julia via Facebook
One of the many blessings this semester has brought is my new friendship with Julia. I never thought we'd be friends, not good friends anyway. I met her in Sophomore Honors Seminar where we sat next to each other by chance and I was in awe of her super awesome discussion skills. I'm very sad to say that I didn't see her as much more than a super smart honors student. I'm so incredibly glad my first impressions were wrong! Through the student missions program, I ended up giving Julia a ride over to the retreat in Pigeon Forge. We got lost.... From being my fellow lover of Polish food (we talked about just Polish food for over an hour!), to taking over as navigator when my crazy GPS failed, Julia not only made the trip survivable, but incredibly enjoyable!

Its hard to imagine that the SM retreat was just two weeks ago, and now we'll be on completely different continents (although thankfully similar time zones) and reduced to Skype and Facebook as our only forms of contact. :( <--- Me very VERY upset!

Honestly, I'm kinda jealous of her in a lot of ways! She's going to Poland next year (best place EVER!) and she already speaks Polish! Crazy major advantage! She's super smart, super fun, and I'm so thankful that she's always willing to drag her friends up a mountain or blazing through a new trail. I will miss her like crazy!

And Julia is just one of the MANY people I'll be saying goodbye to in the next few days... :( I will miss them all so much. I'm so thankful that we all have the opportunity to meet again in heaven. May that day come VERY quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment