Monday, August 20, 2012

Hello crazy!

The tranquility I have been enjoying this past week at Maxwell was shattered today. Tanzi and I were tucked neatly away in the library office for the morning lesson planning while the other staff made their own preparations for the students arrival. When I finally emerged for lunch, I came out to a completely different campus! Students flooded the front office and laughed nosily down every hall. I can definitely tell this is a high school now. No question about it! As I sit here in my house (on the backend of campus) I can hear snippets of "We are Young" by Fun and intense soccer cheering coming from the gym (which is NOT on the backend of campus!).

In addition to the new noise, there's also something new that I didn't expect. The height difference. With the exception of a handful students (presumably freshmen), everyone here is now taller than me. I shadowed earlier this year at the high school I attended in the States and the majority of those students were significantly shorter. Luckily (or unluckily) for me, when I'm teaching the hight won't be a big issue. The classroom I will be teaching in has an elevated teaching station in front, complete with a nice long counter to hide teach behind.


No comments:

Post a Comment