Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Last minute travel plans - Guyana!

Who knew exercise had so many benefits? I went to meet my friend at the gym last Sunday (three days ago) and today I'm currently sitting in a very nice breeze conditioned room on the third floor of the conference office in Guyana! Last minute doesn't even begin to describe it! My choice of treadmills that fateful day was providential because Dr Martin, Shameless promoter of summer evangelism trips, was coming back to claim his spot to my left. I was wearing my blue Choose to Serve t-shirt very much by choice (I had chosen it over another t-shirt in my gym bag). Dr Martin stopped me and began to explain that a girl had gotten mono at the last minute and would not be able to go to Guyana leaving an opening available. He offered me the spot of the trip leaving on Tuesday (remembering of course that this is Sunday). All of the sudden my plans (or lack thereof) were up in the air. My one obstacle was a wedding gig, but before the end of the afternoon, God supplied not one, but TWO potential violists to take my place.

After securing my last minute spot on the trip, procuring malaria pills (which I think are currently messing with my stomach a little), and packing my bags (apparently I'm getting good at this international travel thing - my bag only weighed 41 pounds even after stuffing if full of giveaways! Time will tell if I'm just that good, or just that unprepared!), I'm finally in a third world country about to preach 19 sermons and write a 10 page research paper! Whew!

Call me crazy, but I'm loving this no AC thing! Nothing beats a cool breeze and wearing season appropriate clothes indoors! (no sweatshirt for those freezing buildings needed!)



Roommates! 

They drive on the left side of the road. Definitely different!

My laptop and projector: AKA "Anna" in all her glory.

Anna and I got to be real close airport buddies! 

My room. Isn't it lovely?!

LOVE these windows!

We have a private bath in our room. Not too shabby!

A taste of my view

Out my bedroom window
I'll try to keep updating photos throughout my trip. It will be a little more challenging later on with more time commitments and technological hoops to jump through, but I'll try to keep you guys updated!

1 comment:

  1. Your bedroom. I LOVE your bedroom!!!!! It's so clean and espacios!!!! - lizzie

    ReplyDelete