Monday, November 12, 2012

Time

So, I'm pretty sure someone has been sneaking extensions into my hair at night. Only halfway joking. Since when has my ponytail consistently been hitting the back of my neck? I know it's been more than a few weeks since I've been able to even pretended to wear my bangs straight down, but this is ridiculous.

Time has a funny way of passing here in Kenya. I'm still getting over the shock of October arriving, and we're already halfway through November! Part of the problem is that I'm not experiencing the change of seasons like I do in the States. It's hard to imagine Christmas is just around the corner when the weather is just as perfect today as it was three weeks ago. Regardless of the weather, the reality of time passing is becoming more and more real everyday, and to be honest, it's really upsetting.

I want time to stop. To stand still, even if just for a moment. Last night, I got one of those moments. Tanzi and I had been talking about doing something exciting all day, and so after dinner, a fort was born. It was in the middle of the living room, and a sight to behold. Anyone else listening would have found the fort builders lamenting that they were not engineering majors hilarious, but I'm pretty sure any college education just makes fort building that much more epic!

Time is a funny thing. It passes quickly, and sometimes even slowly, but regardless of what it seems like time is doing, I want to fill it to the brim.

Photo shamelessly lifted from Tanzi's instagram 

1 comment: