Saturday, June 8, 2013

Packing Up

These past few days, I've been throwing my threadbare underwear in the garbage more often than the laundry basket, I've made more piles than a packrat, and I'm pretty sure I weigh my suitcases at least once every half hour. As I've slowly been peeling my notes and letters off of my walls, it is becoming clearer and clearer that I'm leaving. Having the whole SM house for just Tanzi and me has helped the realizations come a bit faster too. Katie left on Wednesday and surprised her parents with an early arrival. She was ready to go, but her departure has made the house seem so large and so empty.

It's strange to be thinking about next week (or even the next couple of days!) Right now, even though I am in Kenya and over 8,000 miles away, there is baby spinach in a refrigerator in Tennessee waiting to be eaten by me! That's right, ME! It all seems so incredibly far away, but yet so very close.

After Elementary Grad
An early airport run for Katie
Tanzi's post about people leaving here

No comments:

Post a Comment